The Finance and Administration Manager is a critical senior team member, and provides high level financial services to the associated Kluane group of companies, in addition to managing the office in Whitehorse.
Reporting directly to the President of KDSLP (with a dotted line to the General Manager of KCDLP), the Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for the overall financial health and wellbeing of all organizations in the Kluane group of companies.
Key responsibilities are:
• Overseeing all day to day financial activities (accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, bank reconciliations, government remittances, etc.) and provide accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting;
• Working directly with the accountant to ensure accurate record keeping, quarterly reports, year-end reporting, tax submissions and annual financial auditing and review practices;
• Working directly with the General Manager and President to develop financial strategies by establishing annual budgets, forecasting capital, credit facilities, debt, cash flow and staff requirements, identifying monetary resources and developing action plans;
• Assisting the General Manager and President with Human Resources administration to ensure compliance with relevant Federal and Territorial legislation, as well as ensuring operations and decision making is done within the context of the Employee Manual and that accurate employee records are being kept;
• Research, draft proposals and project manage small initiatives as required;
• Being responsible for all Administrative Management activities for the Whitehorse office;
• Providing support for both Boards of Directors as required (scheduling meetings, preparing packages, taking minutes etc.); and
• Assist in fostering good public relations with citizens, staff and other governments, industries and organizations with whom KDSC/LP conducts business.